Youth Support Worker
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.90 per hour
We have a unique opportunity for highly motivated and compassionate support workers, to join our team in our new scheme, Kickstart.
The Scheme is designed to support young adults (16+) who may be care leavers, have a mental health illness or people who have reached adulthood without having developed the skills needed to live independently.
As a support worker, you will follow a person-centred support plan to assist the individuals with all aspects of daily living to promote and achieve independence. Day to Day, you will assist with Meal Preparation, employment or further education applications, budgeting finances, personal Hygiene, booking/attending appointments, Support with medication, welfare checks.
We welcomed our first customers in November 2022 and are recruiting additional staff who can match our excitement for this opportunity to enhance the lives of the people we support as we expand into the surrounding community.
We would like to get to know our future employees and for you to get to know us before committing to a permanent role. You will have the opportunity to meet potential future colleagues that, if successful, you will attend induction training together. We will guide you through several work-based activities to enable you to get a full understanding of what the Support worker role entails. Therefore, following selection all candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Day. Our Assessment Day will take place in Ewloe from 9:15 – 12:30
The next Assessment Day will take place on:
Friday 4th August 2023
Starting at 9:15
Finishing at 12:30
Successful candidates will be invited to join our induction cohort commencing on:
Monday 4th September 2023 at Unit 4, Evolution House, Lakeside Business Village, St David’s Business Park, Ewloe, subject to satisfactory references and Right to Work checks.
What we also offer in return:
- Overtime opportunities at overtime rate of £12.26 per hour
- Sleep in shifts paid at £56 per night
- Bank Holiday overtime pay rate of time and a half
- Full induction and role specific training before you start your job
- Funded opportunity to gain QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Annual training programme and opportunities for progression
- Mobile phone provided for work
- Annual leave of 29 days (pro rata including Bank Holidays)
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Financial support towards dental, optical & medical treatments
- 24/7 Counselling support
- Enhanced Sick pay after a qualifying period of employment, and successfully passing probation
Applying is easy, just send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
We will contact you within 72 hours for a telephone interview. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.