Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.90 per hour
We are looking for Support workers who enjoy being active, are predictable and able to cook a roast dinner to work alongside colleagues supporting up to three individuals with Learning Disabilities and health related difficulties in their own home.
They each have unique interests, likes and dislikes. Your role is to provide person-centred support to enhance quality of life. Day to day, you will use active support to encourage completion of everyday chores, going to activities, attending college or work placements, meeting friends and family, visiting health professionals, assisting with personal care and limiting unstructured time. They each have a special interest and can become fixated which could limit engagement in other activities. As support worker, you will provide a structure of interesting activities which ensures they can lead a meaningful life accessing the community whilst keeping unpredictable and stressful situations to a minimum to reduce anxiety. You will provide support to learn new skills, develop use of communication aids and achieve long term goals.
What we also offer in return:
- Pay rate of £10.90 per hour
- Overtime opportunities at overtime rate of £12.26 per hour
- Bank Holiday overtime pay rate of time and a half
- Full induction and role specific training before you start your job
- Funded opportunity to gain QCF Level 2 in Health & Social Care
- Annual training programme and opportunities for progression
- Mobile phone provided for work
- Annual leave of 29 days (pro rata including Bank Holidays)
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Financial support towards dental, optical & medical treatments
- 24/7 Counselling support
- Enhanced Sick pay *
*after a qualifying period of employment, and successfully passing probation
Applying is easy, just send your CV to email@example.com, including the name of the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
We will contact you within 72 hours for a telephone interview. If you do not hear from us within this timeframe, please assume that you have not been successful in your application.